Apple Themed Wooden Beads Sensory Bin
Fine Motor & Counting Skills
Fine Motor Friday Blog Hop!
Simple Sensory Play For Fine Motor And Math Skills
Fine Motor Fridays is one of my favorite days of the week. Not only do I get to host an awesome blog hop with amazing ladies, I get to try out great fine motor play ideas to share with you. Strengthening little hands while having loads of fun is my number one goal here. We use everyday tools to work on skills and find simple ways to play and laugh too! Join the fun every Friday and find a great activity or two to try!
Apple Wooden Beads Sensory Bin
Sensory bins can be a useful tool to engage a child and practice fine motor skills as well as other early learning skills like counting! Read more about the importance of sensory bins and everything you need to know to get started, here! It’s an excellent resource that answers many key questions about sensory bin use with children.
- wooden beads for filler
- acrylic apples, pompoms, or homemade cardboard apples (basically anything resembling green and red apples)
- good size bin to play in and contain sensory materials
- tweezers for picking apples
- zip ties, pipe cleaners or string for threading practice
Assemble your apple themed wooden beads sensory bin and you are good to go!
Easy Ways To Play And Learn With This Wooden Beads Sensory Bin
- Allow time to explore sensory bin without direction to satisfy sensory needs
- Fill a container, cover and shake to make sounds
- Use tongs to pick apples and put in container
- Sort colors of apples
- Count apples by color and then as a group
- Thread wooden beads on string, pipe cleaners, or zip ties. We threaded numbers 1-10 on 10 separate zip ties to create simple wooden bead math counters
Fine Motor Fridays Blog Hop
Spider Craft for Toddlers from Craftulate
Five Little Monkeys Fine Motor Play from School Time Snippets
Halloween Clothespins and Pattern Sticks from Lalymom
Glow in the Dark Spider Webs from Still Playing School
Connect the Stickers from Powerful Mothering
More Great Fine Motor Play