winter activities for kids!How do polar bears live in some of the coldest parts of the world? Learn more about these amazing Arctic animals and make your own paper plate polar bears for a fun and easy winter craft. We love easy
MAKE A CUTE PAPER PLATE POLAR BEAR
POLAR BEAR CRAFTGet ready to add this simple polar bear craft to your winter activities this holiday season. While you’re at it, make sure to check out more of our favorite winter activities for kids. YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Snowy Owl Winter Craft Our crafts are designed with you, the parent or teacher, in mind! Easy to set up, quick to do, most activities will take only 15 to 30 minutes to complete and are heaps of fun! Plus, our supplies lists usually contain only free or cheap materials you can source from home! Make these cute polar bears from paper plates with your preschoolers. Learn a little more about the amazing polar bears as well!
FUN FACTS ABOUT POLAR BEARS
- Polar bears live in the Arctic.
- Polar bears are the largest carnivores (meat eaters) that live on land.
- They eat mostly seals.
- Polar bears have black skin, and even though their fur looks white it is actually transparent.
- They have a thick layer of blubber or fat underneath their skin which helps them stay warm.
- Male polar bears can weigh up to 1500 lb and female polar bears usually only weigh about half as much as males.
- Polar bears have an amazing sense of smell, and can smell out seals nearly a mile away.
PAPER PLATE POLAR BEAR
YOU WILL NEED:
- Cotton balls
- Quick-dry tacky glue or school glue
- Polar Bear Printable (See below)
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER PLATE POLAR BEARSTEP 1: Download and print the Polar Bear Template below and cut out the polar bear face pieces. STEP 2: Add glue to the entire surface of the paper plate. Then attach cotton balls to the paper plate. STEP 3: Glue the black ear piece onto the larger white ear piece. STEP 4: Glue the polar bear ears to the top of the paper plate. STEP 5: Glue the polar bear nose, mouth and eyes onto the cotton balls.
Looking for easy to print activities, and inexpensive problem-based challenges?
We have you covered…
Click below to get your quick and easy winter STEM challenges.
MORE FUN ANIMAL FACTS
- Narwhal Fun Facts
- How Do Sharks Float?
- How Do Squid Swim?
- How Do Fish Breathe?
- How Do Polar Bears Stay Warm?
- Fun Facts About Koalas
MAKE PAPER PLATE POLAR BEARS FOR EASY WINTER CRAFT
Click on the image below or on the link for more fun winter activities.