What will your Jack O’ Lantern look like when you play this simple and fun Halloween math game? Build a funny face and practice counting and number recognition with this easy to use Math game for preschoolers. Transform your Math center or table this season with a simple Halloween math game you can use over and over again. Learning doesn’t have to be boring or stressful when you can add hands-on Math games with a Halloween theme!
FUN HALLOWEEN MATH GAME FOR KIDS
ROLL A JACK O’LANTERN FACE
Preschool math is important, but so is play! We have you covered with a playful Halloween math game where kids can roll dice (or paper cubes) and make silly Jack O’ Lantern faces. Practice number recognition, one to one counting, and problem-solving with a pumpkin theme for Halloween.
THIS HALLOWEEN MATH GAME TEACHES:
- Number Recognition: What’s the number on the die?
- One to One Counting: Count the dots on the die!
- Matching: Match the die to the right column.
- Problem- Solving: Find the right piece to place on the pumpkin!
If you’ve been wanting to mix up the way you share these early learning math concepts with your kiddos, you are going to love these Halloween math activities. All you need to do is download the free printable Halloween math worksheets below and get started!
HALLOWEEN MATH IDEAS
More ways to play this Halloween Math Game…
You can easily change up this Math activity by adding in some playdough! We have a wonderful pumpkin playdough recipe for you to try. Get kids to roll out and make their own pumpkin with playdough. Then roll the die and make playdough eyes and nose etc. to use or use the paper ones!
So many choices to change up the activity. Use this Halloween math idea as a springboard for more ways to play.
Additionally, you can add the pieces to a Halloween sensory bin for an additional search and find activity. Roll the die and hunt for pieces in the sensory bin. Make sure to add some plastic spiders too!
You can see three ways to make Halloween sensory bins. Also includes another free printable for your Halloween activity centers. Think outside the box (or inside)!
HALLOWEEN MATH GAME
- Print all pages on card stock. Click here to grab the printable pack.
- Cut and fold the dice block, securing edges with glue or tape.
- Cut the Jack O’Lantern pieces apart.
- For durability, laminate the pieces, chart, and pumpkin page.
Click on the image below to get your printable Math Game.
MORE HALLOWEEN MATH
We have even more fun and simple Halloween Math ideas to share with your kiddos!
- Halloween Math Sensory Bin
- Halloween Tangrams Activities
- Halloween Math With Candy
- White Pumpkin Geoboard
- Halloween Search and Find
HALLOWEEN MATH GAME FOR PRESCHOOLERS
Click on the link or on the image for more fun preschool Halloween activities.