How do you make an eagle? Learn more about the amazing bald eagles and make this fun bald eagle craft. This anytime of the year craft is great for preschool and uses simple supplies. We love easy art projects for kids!
HOW TO MAKE A BALD EAGLE CRAFT
FACTS ABOUT BALD EAGLES FOR KIDS
- Bald eagles are found in most of North America, preferring to make their homes in large trees near bodies of water.
- The largest bald eagles tend to live in Alaska where they sometimes weigh as much as 17 pounds.
- They live around 20 to 30 years in the wild.
- Bald eagles build the largest nest of any North American bird. Some bald eagle’s nests can weigh as much as 2000 pounds.
- They can have a 7 ft. (2m) wing span, and they are one of the largest birds of prey in the world.
- They use their keen sense of sight and powerful talons to attack prey by swooping down on it. Bald eagles can reach speeds of up to 100 mph (160 km/hr) when diving.
- Bald eagles can climb up to 10,000 ft. (3000m) in the air and can soar for hours using thermal currents. A thermal current is an updraft of warm air that rises from the ground into the sky.
- Bald eagles are not born with the brown and white look. Their feathers will be brown until at 4 to 5 years old, when they develop that well known brown and white color pattern.
BALD EAGLE CRAFT
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Brown, White and Yellow Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Sharpie Marker
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
STEP 1. Begin by cutting a piece of WHITE paper the same width as your paper towel roll. Wrap paper roll in the paper, secure with glue or tape.
STEP 2. Cut a strip of BROWN paper to be glued at the bottom 1/3 of the roll. Glue or tape to toilet paper roll.
STEP 3. Cut out 2 brown wings and glue or tape them to the back of the roll.
STEP 4. Cut out a yellow beak and feet—glue beak to the roll. You will need to create a flap and glue it inside the bottom circle(opening). This will give you something to glue the feet onto. Attach googly eyes above the beak to complete the face.
MORE FUN ANIMAL CRAFTS
HOW TO MAKE A BALD EAGLE FOR KIDS
Click on the image below or on the link for more fun and simple art projects for kids.