How do you make a bee? Learn more about the amazing life of bees and make your own bee craft for a fun and colorful spring activity. This bumble bee craft is great for preschool and uses simple supplies. We love easy spring crafts for kids!
HOW TO MAKE A BUMBLE BEE
FACTS ABOUT BEES FOR KIDS
- Bees are flying insects so they have 6 legs.
- Bees have 5 eyes. Two large eyes on either side of their head and three smaller simple eyes on top of their head which detect light and not shapes.
- There are over 20,000 different types of bees in the world, only honeybees make honey.
- The honeybee is the only insect in the world that produces food eaten by people.
- Honeybees fly the equivalent of three times around the world in air miles to make one pound of honey.
- There are 3 types of honeybees in a hive: the queen, the workers, and the drones. A queen bee is the only female bee in the hive that will lay eggs. Worker bees are all female and males in the hive are called drones.
- Bees are amazing because they pollinate our plants.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Make A Bee Hotel
BUMBLE BEE CRAFT
ALSO CHECK OUT: Flower Crafts For Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Black, Yellow and White Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Sharpie Marker
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
STEP 1. Begin by cutting a piece of paper ( black or yellow) the same width as your paper towel roll—wrap paper roll in the paper, secure with glue or tape.
STEP 2. Cut strips in the alternate color that you wrapped your body in. If you wrapped your roll in black, cut yellow strips. Glue or tape to toilet paper roll.
STEP 3. Cut out a yellow head, and two small black antennas. Draw and cut out 2 sets of wings. Attach the antennas to the back of the yellow head and the wings to the toilet paper roll.
STEP 4. Create a face on the yellow head with googly eyes and a sharpie marker. Add the finished headpiece to the top of your toilet paper roll. You now have a cute bumble bee craft!
MORE FUN SPRING ACTIVITIES
HOW TO MAKE A BUMBLE BEE FOR KIDS
Click on the image below or on the link for more fun and simple art projects for kids.