Welcome to our free 7 Day Art Activity Challenge for kids you can easily do at home or in the classroom. These are totally “do-able” art projects that use common art supplies. Of course, you can also do them anywhere, with scout groups, library programs, summer camps, and so many more places! What are some art activities for kids? You will love this fun and simple art activities pack that develops kids’ creativity! Bonus, we can even show you how to make your own art materials.
7 DAYS OF FUN ART IDEAS FOR KIDS
FUN ART ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
First, you need the special 7 Day Activity Challenge which you can download from here. You’ll want to put it on the fridge as a reminder! Are you as excited as I am to kick off this 7-day art challenge? I hope you are because I have an amazing line up of creative art activities your kids will love.
Why are these art activities for kids so awesome?
Here are a few good reasons!
- They are the perfect opportunity to connect with your kiddos, and suitable for children of all ages. These art activities can be as much fun with your three-year-old (working together) as it can be with your 12-year-old (although a great independent project too)!
- They use common art supplies to it doable on a budget!
- They are both playful and engaging, each of these creative art activities offers lots of learning opportunities.
- They are all easy to set up and clean up art ideas that can be done in 15-30 minutes or longer if desired!
HOW DOES THIS ART CHALLENGE WORK?
My best advice is to take it day by day! Although there is not a specific order to the activities, one challenge has you taking pictures for a whole week. Get started the first day and add a photo to it each day after that while completing the other art projects!
Also before you get started, determine which supplies you already have and which ones you still need. Many art supplies can be used interchangeably.
- Print out the challenges!
- Gather supplies!
- Get started!
Tip: Do you have older kids who can help younger kids with these challenges? This is a great way for families to connect. Makes a great quiet time activity too!
WHAT ARE SOME CREATIVE ART ACTIVITIES?
Super simple supplies make these “totally do-able” for TODAY!
- #1: Take a Photo a Day!
- #2: Mix Up Colors
- #3: Pop Art Fun!
- #4: Mosaics a Must!
- #5: Loving Landscapes
- #6: Make a Masterpiece
- #7: Medium Mix-Ups
- Bonus Challenge: Patterns
Also, check out… FREE Printable Piet Mondrian Art Project
MORE FUN ART IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Think science, technology, engineering, and math combined with ART! Explore our favorite STEAM activities for kids!
- Encourage hands-on play and learning with tons of sensory play ideas!
- Make your own art supplies, with our collection of easy homemade paint recipes!
- Learn from famous artists with easy to follow art activities for kids of all ages. Try a free Piet Mondrian project.
- Explore mixed media with Starry Night!
- Try found art with a nature weaving project that’s simple to do.
- Discover mosaics with Kandinsky
- Try printmaking with Alma Thomas!
- Make dino tracks with free printables too!
- Design a tree with Kadinsky.
- Paint with Magnets for cool STEAM
- Explore the color wheel and make watercolors!
- New! FREE Color Wheel Project Pack
- Design and build simple Pool Noodle Art Bots!