Glass marbles make a cool paintbrush in this super simple to set up process art activity for fall! Grab a handful of marbles for a fantastic leaf painting activity. Painting is a great way for kiddos to explore art through a sensory rich experience. Roll them, dip them, even paint them too. Marble painting is an easy fall art activity for kids of all ages to try!
LEAF PAINTING WITH MARBLES FOR FALL
PAINTING WITH MARBLES
Abstract marble painting is an exciting and simple process art technique for kids that explores textures and patterns in a fun and open-ended way. Think about the thickness of paint, and what color combinations you can use to create an unique piece of art every time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Leaf Painting with Crayon Resist Art
- Makes art fun with no pressure to make a picture look like something.
- Is more about the feelings it expresses.
- Encourages discussion about colors, shapes and lines.
- Is interpreted differently by everyone that sees it.
- Is something young children can do.
- Gives kids the opportunity to develop creativity.
Looking for easy to print art activities?
We have you covered…
MARBLE PAINTING FOR KIDS
YOU WILL NEED:
- Tempera Paint
- Paint cups
- Masking tape
- Cardstock (for tracing the template and for painting)
- Leaf Template
- Plastic bin or paint tray
HOW TO PAINT WITH MARBLES
STEP 1. Trace template of your choosing over one piece of cardstock and cut out the design. Trim the cardstock to fit the bin or paint tray.
STEP 2. Place an uncut piece of cardstock in the bottom of the bin or paint tray. Tape the cardstock with the cut template over the uncut cardstock.
STEP 3. Squeeze paint into the paint cup. Drop a marble in each color of paint.
STEP 4. Use a spoon to roll the marble around in the paint. Then, scoop the marble into the bin over the cardstock.
STEP 5. Instruct the children to move the bin or paint tray trying to roll the marbles over the templates.
STEP 6. When done, carefully remove the cutout cardstock and allow the painted paper to dry.
- Cut out leaves first and lightly tape to the bottom of the tray and then add marbles and paint.
- Explore marble art with a plain piece of white paper and then use the leaf templates to cut out leaves once the paper is dry.
- Turn your leaf art into cards for friends and family!
Looking for easy to print art activities for kids?
We have you covered…
MORE FUN PROCESS ART IDEAS
COLORFUL LEAF MARBLE PAINTING FOR KIDS