Do your kids love sensory bottles, glitter jars, or glitter bottles? Our homemade sensory bottles or glitter jars can be reinvented each season or holiday for a fun and creative sensory activity. Sensory bottles take very little time to make but offer numerous, lasting benefits for your kids. Sensory activities are hit for kids of all ages and these Christmas sensory bottles make a great calm down tool with their mesmerizing sparkle!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CALM DOWN BOTTLES
A sensory bottle or glitter jar is a fun way to enhance the season through beautiful sparkling colors. Christmas can be a beautiful season of the year with sparkly lights, silver, green and red tones.
Bright, sparkly, and mesmerizing for kids of all ages, these calming glitter jars are just what you need for a busy Christmas season! Fun and easy to make with a class or small group of preschoolers.
THE BENEFITS OF GLITTER SENSORY BOTTLES
- Visual sensory play for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary.
- Excellent calming tool for anxiety. Simply shake and focus on the glitter.
- Great for calm down time. Create a basket of calm down goodies in a quiet space for when your child needs to regroup and spend a few minutes alone.
- Color play or science-themed for additional educational value. See our fall sensory bottles.
- Language development. Anything that can spark curiosity and interest makes for great social interaction and conversation.
HOW TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS SENSORY BOTTLE
You don’t need pricey colored glue to make our glitter sensory bottles! These calming Christmas glitter jars with clear glue do the trick. All you need is clear glue, food coloring, and glitter.
If you love to make slime as we do, then I bet you have all the sensory bottle supplies you need! A gallon of clear glue is inexpensive and will make lots of bottles or jars. Of course, you can make these sensory glitter jars with glitter glue too and eliminate having to add the glitter and food coloring for less mess!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Bottles or jars (any shape, size you like) – this recipe is based off an 8-ounce size jar.
- 2/3 cup (or 6-ounce bottle) of clear washable school glue
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water (warm or room temperature is best we found for mixing with the glue)
- Food coloring
- 1 tablespoon or so of glitter or confetti
HOW TO MAKE GLITTER SENSORY BOTTLES
STEP 1: Empty the clear glue into your jar or bottle.
STEP 2: Add about 1/4 cup of warm water to the glue and mix well to combine.
STEP 3: Next, add food coloring and stir to combine! We used dark green, red and light green for our Christmas theme.
STEP 4: If you are adding glitter or confetti, stir the glitter or confetti into the glue mixture.
You can even combine glitter and confetti! Look for fun theme confetti for any season or holiday and this basic process will be so easy to repeat to make a glitter jar for any occasion.
STEP 5: Now it’s time to get your glitter sensory bottle or glitter jar sparkling! Seal and shake well.
SENSORY BOTTLE TIP: If the glitter or confetti does not move around easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves too quickly, add additional glue to slow it down.
Changing the viscosity or consistency of the mixture will change the movement of the glitter or confetti. There’s a bit of science for you too!
MORE SENSORY BOTTLE IDEAS TO TRY
- Gold and Silver Glitter Bottles
- Ocean Sensory Bottle
- Glow In The Dark Sensory Bottles
- Sensory Bottles With Glitter Glue
- Fall Sensory Bottles
- Winter Sensory Bottles
- Halloween Glitter Jars
- Frozen Glitter Jars
MAKE A CHRISTMAS GLITTER SENSORY BOTTLE OR TWO!
Click on the image below or on the link for more fun Christmas activities for preschoolers!
Looking for easy to print activities, and inexpensive problem-based Christmas activities for kids?
We have you covered…