Around the world in 80 days? These virtual field trip ideas and adventures will get you there! The next best thing to travel is getting an up-close look at some of the many wonders of the world from landmarks to museums to zoos and aquariums. While you are safe at home, why not take some adventures from the living room couch or dining room table with this amazing resource filled with virtual field trips the kids will love. Learn about history, architecture, animals, art, geography, and more with indoor activities that will keep everyone busy.
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP IDEAS FOR KIDS
TRAVEL THE WORLD WITHOUT LEAVING THE COUCH
Where do you want to go first? Do you want to go to Stonehenge or the Bronx Zoo? I’ve included a handy journal page to allow older kiddos an opportunity to share what they have learned with you or their teacher. Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, and beyond including toddlers!
Have your kids give you a presentation on where the next vacation should be located.
Maybe a virtual field trip is all that’s needed to spark a new interest! Make sure to look on a map to see where you are headed for your adventure. If you have a large map, hang it on the wall! You can find some fun and free printable maps here.
GET READY FOR A VIRTUAL ADVENTURE!
Are you ready for your next adventure? Make sure to download your virtual field trips pack right now to get started today!
- Save it in your bookmarks for quick reference each day, clickable links are right in the document!
- Print the journal pages or use the model to make your own in a notebook.
- Print the colorful field trip pages to stick on the fridge for a reminder or hang near the computer.
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS FOR LEARNING:
You can expand the activity with safe internet searches led by an adult to gather additional information on favorite places!
- Geography: Where in the world is it located? What continent is it on?
- History: What’s the history behind the location? When was it built, founded, or established?
- Animals: Learn about various animals and what it means to be endangered. Find a favorite animal and study it more.
- Architecture: Explore famous landmarks and learn more about their architecture. (See more virtual landmark tours here)
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS AROUND THE WORLD
From California to France to Egypt to New York City, our first stop is landmarks and museums! Have you ever been to any of these? Have pictures? It might be a great time to get those out if you do!
Create your own art project as you visit art museums around the world:
- Build these LEGO landmarks (more virtual tours included here too)!
- Rainbow Art
- Salad Spinner Art
- Paper Towel Art
- Coffee Filter Art
- Coming Soon: Famous Artists Project Pack
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS WITH COOL ANIMALS
Now it’s time to explore all kinds of animals in a variety of zoos and aquariums! Have a favorite animal, turn it into a favorite project. You can read more about many different animals here (safe internet site)
Add these animal activities to your virtual zoo field trips:
- Jelly Fish Craft
- Ocean Theme Art
- Salt Dough Starfish
- How Do Fish Breathe?
- How Does a Squid Move?
- Monkey Craft
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS JOURNAL PAGES
Encourage your kids to learn more and use these virtual field trip journal pages (included in the pack) to record fun findings. They can also start a notebook of neat places they would like to visit someday. There are enough virtual field trips (plus our extras here) to visit one new place every day!
How cool is that?
Make sure to download and save today for 25+ field trip ideas!
MORE WAYS TO MAKE DISTANCE LEARNING FUN
Click on the links below for more great ideas to keep kids active and their minds engaged!
STEAM, STEM, Crafts, Bubbles, Sidewalk Paint, and More!