Nothing says winter like freshly fallen snow! These easy snowflake coloring pages below are sure to please the Winter fan, if you don’t have snow yet or even if you won’t have any snow at all! Find out snowflakes get their shape as you enjoy fun winter activities indoors this season!
EASY SNOWFLAKE COLORING PAGE PRINTABLES
HOW ARE SNOWFLAKES FORMED?
The structure of a snowflake can be found in just 6 water molecules that form a crystal. That means that snowflakes have 6 sides or 6 points to them.
The crystal begins with a tiny speck of dust or pollen which catches water vapor out of the air and eventually forms the simplest of snowflake shapes, a tiny hexagon called “diamond dust”. Then randomness takes over! See these snowflake videos!
More water molecules land and attach to the flake. Depending on the temperature and humidity, those simple hexagons give rise to seemingly infinite shapes. How amazing is that!
Learn more about snowflake patterns with our printable snowflake drawing activity!
SNOWFLAKE COLORING PAGES
Grab these 6 free winter coloring pages below each with an unique 6 sided snowflake pattern!
MORE FUN SNOWFLAKE ACTIVITIES
Here’s some more ideas for snowflake crafts and art projects for preschool and older.
- Make a popsicle stick snowflake ornament.
- Try a snowflake splatter painting.
- Learn how to draw a snowflake step by step.
- Use tape resist technique for simple preschool snowflake art.
- Enjoy snowflake salt painting.
- Create coffee filter snowflakes.
- Make this snow globe craft or even a DIY snow globe for kids.
- Try a relaxing snowflake zentangle.
- Make 3D paper snowflakes.
- Learn how to make a snowflake with these printable snowflake templates.
ENJOY SNOWFLAKE COLORING SHEETS FOR WINTER
Click on the image below or on the link for more fun snowflake activities for kids.