playdough recipe. Kids love hands-on play and it works magically for a variety of ages. Make your own playdough and set it up for fun play to learn about how recycling works for kids. This playdough activity also includes a bonus free recycling playdough mat for you.Why not explore recycling this Earth Day with our easy
EARTH DAY PLAYDOUGH MAT ACTIVITY
HANDS-ON LEARNING WITH PLAYDOUGHPlaydough is an excellent addition to your preschool activities! Why not create an easy indoor activity from a ball of homemade playdough, a small rolling pin, and accessories for cutting out shapes. Throw in this great printable Earth Day recycling playdough mat for even more hands-on learning through literacy, science, and fine motor play!
Expand the playtime with Recycling Mat Activities:
- Read the fun facts on the recycling playdough mat and discuss them with your kiddos!
- Follow the activity prompts on the playdough mat using a batch of homemade playdough (see recipe options below)
- Explore making seed bombs with recycled paper!
BEST PLAYDOUGH RECIPESAlthough you can certainly use store-bought playdough, homemade playdough is so easy to make! Choose from one of our simple playdough recipes below to make your own.
- Cooked Playdough Recipe
- No Cook Playdough
- Cornstarch Playdough Recipe
- Edible Frosting Playdough Recipe
MORE FREE PRINTABLE PLAYDOUGH MATS FOR KIDS
We have tons more fun ways for you to enjoy homemade playdough! Add one or more of these free printable playdough mats to your early-learning activities!
- 6+ homemade Playdough Recipes, including traditional, no-cook, super soft, and even taste-safe ideas!
- 20+Playdough Mats with an Early Learning Theme, including space, seasons, volcanos, bees, ABCs, 123s, shapes, weather, insects, plants, pond life, and more!
- Playdough tips, tricks, and ideas!