Why not explore recycling this Earth Day with our easy playdough recipe. Kids love hands-on play and it works magically for a variety of ages. Make your own playdough and set it up for fun play to learn about how recycling works for kids. This playdough activity also includes a bonus free recycling playdough mat for you.
EARTH DAY PLAYDOUGH MAT ACTIVITY
HANDS-ON LEARNING WITH PLAYDOUGH
Playdough is an excellent addition to your preschool activities! Why not create an easy indoor activity from a ball of homemade playdough, a small rolling pin, and accessories for cutting out shapes. Throw in this great printable Earth Day recycling playdough mat for even more hands-on learning through literacy, science, and fine motor play!
Expand the playtime with Recycling Mat Activities:
- Read the fun facts on the recycling playdough mat and discuss them with your kiddos!
- Follow the activity prompts on the playdough mat using a batch of homemade playdough (see recipe options below)
- Explore making seed bombs with recycled paper!
BEST PLAYDOUGH RECIPES
Although you can certainly use store-bought playdough, homemade playdough is so easy to make! Choose from one of our simple playdough recipes below.
- Cooked Playdough Recipe
- No Cook Playdough
- Cornstarch Playdough Recipe
- Edible Frosting Playdough Recipe
ALSO CHECK OUT: Parts of a Flower Playdough Mat
MORE FUN EARTH DAY ACTIVITIES
PRINTABLE EARTH DAY PLAYDOUGH MAT FOR KIDS
Click on the image below or on the link for more easy Earth Day activities for kids.