Do you have a Frozen fan? Have you been waiting for years for the next Frozen to be released? A new Frozen theme activity that kids will love is just minutes away with our DIY Frozen theme glitter jars. Sensory activities are a hit for kids of all ages and these glitter jars make a great calm down tool with their mesmerizing Frozen 2 – Elsa and Anna winter sparkle!
EASY HOMEMADE GLITTER JARS FOR KIDS
FROZEN THEME SENSORY PLAY
Do your kids love sensory bottles, glitter jars, or glitter bottles? Bright, sparkly, and mesmerizing for kids of all ages, these calming glitter jars are quick and easy to make.
THE BENEFITS OF GLITTER JARS
- Visual sensory play for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary.
- Excellent calming tool for anxiety. Simply shake and focus on the glitter.
- Great for calm down-time. Create a basket of calm down goodies in a quiet space for when your child needs to regroup and spend a few minutes alone.
- Color play or science-themed for additional educational value.
- Language development. Anything that can spark curiosity and interest makes for great social interaction and conversation.
DIY GLITTER JAR RECIPE
If you love to make homemade slime as we do, then I bet you have all the sensory bottle supplies you need! A gallon of clear glue is inexpensive and will make lots of bottles or jars. Of course, you can make these sensory glitter jars with glitter glue too and eliminate having to add the glitter and food coloring for less mess!
Check out our glittery Frozen slime that would also look fun in these containers!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Bottles or jars (any shape, size you like) – this recipe is based on an 8-ounce size jar.
- 2/3 cup (or 6-ounce bottle) of clear washable school glue.
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water (warm or room temperature is best we found for mixing with the glue).
- Food coloring
- 1 tablespoon glitter or confetti (or both)
HOW TO MAKE A GLITTER JAR
1: Empty the glue into your jar.
2: Add about 1/4 cup of warm water to the glue and mix well to combine.
3: Next, add food coloring and stir to combine! If you are adding glitter or confetti, stir the glitter or confetti into the glue mixture.
NOTE: If your colors are too dark you may have more difficulty seeing the confetti when shaken!
You can even combine glitter and confetti! Look for fun theme confetti for any season or holiday and this basic process will be so easy to repeat to make a glitter jar for any occasion. Here we used winter snowflakes!
4: Now it’s time to get your glitter jar sparkling! Seal the jar and shake well.
GLITTER JAR TIP: If the glitter or confetti does not move around easily, add more warm water. If the glitter or confetti moves to quickly, add additional glue to slow it down.
Changing the viscosity or consistency of the mixture will change the movement of the glitter or confetti. There’s a bit of science for you too!
MORE SENSORY BOTTLES TO TRY
- Gold and Silver Glitter Bottles
- Ocean Sensory Bottle
- Glow In The Dark Sensory Bottles
- Fall Glitter Jars
- Winter Sensory Bottles
MAKE A SPARKLING FROZEN GLITTER JAR OR TWO!
Click on the image below or on the link for more Frozen fun!