Homemade playdough is really easy to make and this fruity-scented kool aid playdough is an awesome way to start playtime with your kiddos. Tickle the senses with a fun and easy homemade playdough recipe. Can you eat kool aid playdough? No not recommended for eating but it sure does smell lovely! Check out how to make kool aid playdough with cream of tartar below and our easy activity suggestions.
MAKE KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH FOR KIDS
KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH
Kids can explore shapes and fruit themes creatively with our homemade playdough. See below for playdough activity ideas and a free playdough mat.
THINGS TO DO WITH KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH
Check out more fun playdough activities sprinkled below to encourage hands-on learning, fine motor skills, and math!
MAKE PLAYDOUGH FRUIT
- Roll out your playdough with a mini roller or flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Use a fruit-shaped cookie cutter to cut out apple shapes from the playdough.
- Use circle cookie cutters as an alternative to create your own fruits such as orange or lemon slices! How about a pair of cherries?
- Use a play knife to add details such as fruit segments!
MATH ACTIVITIES WITH PLAYDOUGH
- Turn it into a counting activity and add dice! Roll balls of playdough and count them.
- Make it a game and be the first one to get to 20 wins!
- Add number playdough stamps.
- Add a playdough mat or two!
KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH RECIPE
This is a cooked playdough recipe. Go here for our favorite no cook playdough recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Koolaid packs (1 per batch)
HOW TO MAKE PLAYDOUGH WITH KOOL AID
STEP 1: Add the flour, salt, and cream of tartar, and one Koolaid packet to a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
STEP 2: Add the water and vegetable oil to a medium saucepan. Heat until boiling and then remove from the stovetop. You can also add additional food coloring as desired.
STEP 3: Add the flour mixture to the hot water and stir continuously until a stiff ball of dough forms. Remove the dough from the pan and place it on your work center. Allow the playdough mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
STEP 4: Knead the dough until it is soft and pliable (about 3-4 minutes).
HOW LONG DOES KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH LAST
Keep your kool aid playdough stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Resealable plastic containers work well and are easy for little hands to open. You can also use zip-top bags.
Wash hands before using playdough to keep it as clean as possible and it will last longer!
ALSO CHECK OUT: Jello Slime
MORE FUN HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH RECIPES
- Foam Dough
- Strawberry Playdough
- Fairy Dough
- No-Cook Playdough
- Super Soft Playdough
- Edible Frosting Playdough