The traditional decorated cookie gingerbread houses originated in Germany in the 16th Century. Not keen on baking, find out how to make a gingerbread house out of paper! I love simple Christmas papercrafts that look amazing but don’t take a ton of time, supplies, or craftiness to do.
Create a fun and colorful paper gingerbread house these holidays that would look great at home or in the classroom. Explore our easy to set up, and budget friendly Christmas activities and crafts for kids of all ages!
PAPER GINGERBREAD HOUSE CRAFT FOR KIDS
When it comes to design, originality in the materials you use can make all the difference. One item known for being super versatile is paper – and the diverse range of texture, color and size of paper can allow for almost any project.
Along with folding paper to create a 3D design, you can use stamping, coloring, dyeing and other techniques to create beautiful effects.
Papercrafts are wonderful for encouraging creativity and artiness, as well as developing design and engineering skills too! This paper gingerbread house craft below involves cutting and folding and is perfect for preschool and elementary aged kids.
If you have a little one, they can color the gingerbread house and then have an adult assist with the cutting, folding and taping together. Read on to find out how to make your own paper gingerbread house!
ALSO CHECK OUT: Gingerbread Man Science Experiments
GINGERBREAD HOUSE PAPERCRAFT
- Gingerbread house template
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER GINGERBREAD HOUSE
STEP 1. Print the gingerbread house template.
STEP 2. Use colored markers or watercolors to decorate your gingerbread house.
STEP 3. Use scissors to cut out the house and the roof.
STEP 4. Fold the tabs inwards.
STEP 5. Fold the house together, and tape the edges and roof on.
MORE FUN CHRISTMAS CRAFTS
Printable Christmas STEM Project Pack
- 25+ Christmas theme science and STEM activities with printable sheets, instructions, and useful information all using easy-to-source materials perfect for limited-time needs. Includes a holiday theme engineering pack with fun, problem-based challenges for kids to solve! NEW observation sheets included.
- Try a Santa’s Letter airplane challenge or take the gingerbread house-building challenge!
- Explore the five senses with a specially designed Santa’s Lab pack.
- Try a mini nature study with your favorite type of Christmas tree.
- Try your hand at building shapes with gumdrop structure challenge cards or build shapes with jingle bells. Or try the Christmas-themed paper chain challenge!
- Christmas Screen-free Coding activities include algorithm games, binary code ornaments, and more!
- Explore 6+ Christmas Art Projects with famous artist-inspired activities that combine art history, process art techniques, and more with simple to-do ideas.