Enjoy the holiday season this year with fun homemade Christmas decorations, and throw in a bit of math for a Christmas STEAM project! Our free Christmas ornament template makes these Christmas shape ornaments easy to make. Get the kids to make holiday decorations to hang on the tree or in the classroom. Christmas time is a fun opportunity for hands-on STEM learning too!
Explore Shapes This Holiday Season
What shapes do you think of as Christmas shapes? Of course, baubles or sphere shapes come to mind first! But there are many more shapes to explore with this Christmas ornament activity.
Get kids involved by talking about what they see…
- What shapes do they recognize?
- Are the sides of the ornaments the same?
- How many sides does each ornament have?
- Where else have they seen this shape?
ALSO CHECK OUT: Christmas Math Activities
Our Christmas activities are designed with you, the parent or teacher, in mind! Easy to set up, quick to do, most activities will take only 15 to 30 minutes to complete and are heaps of fun! Plus, our supplies lists usually contain only free or cheap materials you can source from home! Let’s get started…
DIY Christmas Shape Ornaments
You might also like this paper Christmas Ornament Printable!
- Printable Christmas Ornament Templates (see below)
- Sharpies or Markers
For the other two projects in the video, click on the links just below:
STEP 1: Download and print out your free Christmas Ornament Template below.
STEP 2: Cut out each ornament shape. Then color in the paper ornaments.
STEP 3: Fold the ornament at the bold lines and bring the sides together. Attach with glue.
STEP 4: Add string and hang up your Christmas shape ornaments.
More Shape Activities for Christmas
Make sure to check out tons of free printable Christmas math worksheets. Explore shapes with…
- Jingle Bell Shape Cards
- Build Santa’s Chimney
- Make A 3D Paper Christmas Tree
- Get this 3D Christmas tree printable
- Make a 3D snowman or 3D snowflakes
More Shape Activities for Kids
Printable Christmas STEM Project Pack
- 25+ Christmas theme science and STEM activities with printable sheets, instructions, and useful information all using easy-to-source materials perfect for limited-time needs. Includes a holiday theme engineering pack with fun, problem-based challenges for kids to solve! NEW observation sheets included.
- Try a Santa’s Letter airplane challenge or take the gingerbread house-building challenge!
- Explore the five senses with a specially designed Santa’s Lab pack.
- Try a mini nature study with your favorite type of Christmas tree.
- Try your hand at building shapes with gumdrop structure challenge cards or build shapes with jingle bells. Or try the Christmas-themed paper chain challenge!
- Christmas Screen-free Coding activities include algorithm games, binary code ornaments, and more!
- Explore 6+ Christmas Art Projects with famous artist-inspired activities that combine art history, process art techniques, and more with simple to-do ideas.