Want to keep the kids busy this holiday season? Our free printable Christmas activities are perfect to add to your family time or use in the classroom. Create a DIY paper spinner with a peppermint Christmas theme! We love simple Christmas activities for kids!
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER SPINNER
CHRISTMAS SPINNER FOR KIDS
Here’s another fun Christmas craft to add to your collection of simple Christmas activities for kids. No need to buy fancy toys, check out how easy it is to make your own paper spinner wheel the kids will have hours of fun with.
Our Christmas activities are designed with you, the parent or teacher, in mind! Easy to set up, quick to do, most activities will take only 15 to 30 minutes to complete and are heaps of fun! Plus, our supplies lists usually contain only free or cheap materials you can source from home!
CHRISTMAS PAPER SPINNER
YOU WILL NEED:
- Printable Spinner (see below)
- Cardboard (optional)
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER SPINNER
STEP 1: Download and print out your Christmas paper spinner wheel below.
STEP 2: Cut out the 2 spinner circles and then glue them together.
STEP 3: Make 2 small holes near the spinner’s center to thread the string through. Thread the string through one hole, loop it around, and thread it back through the other side.
You will want your string to be long enough to tie the two ends together.
NOW IT’S TIME TO GET SPINNING!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PAPER SPINNER SPIN FAST
Want to make your paper spinner spin even faster? You will want to get a piece of cardboard or plastic (we tried it with a plastic food container lid) and cut out another circle the same size. Glue the red and white spinner onto each side of your cardboard or plastic circle. Then poke holes and thread your string through as normal. See how fast your spinner spins!
Christmas STEAM Activities to Try!
Find even more fun Christmas activities with a STEAM theme here.
Printable Christmas STEM Project Pack
- 25+ Christmas theme science and STEM activities with printable sheets, instructions, and useful information all using easy-to-source materials perfect for limited-time needs. Includes a holiday theme engineering pack with fun, problem-based challenges for kids to solve! NEW observation sheets included.
- Try a Santa’s Letter airplane challenge or take the gingerbread house-building challenge!
- Explore the five senses with a specially designed Santa’s Lab pack.
- Try a mini nature study with your favorite type of Christmas tree.
- Try your hand at building shapes with gumdrop structure challenge cards or build shapes with jingle bells. Or try the Christmas-themed paper chain challenge!
- Christmas Screen-free Coding activities include algorithm games, binary code ornaments, and more!
- Explore 6+ Christmas Art Projects with famous artist-inspired activities that combine art history, process art techniques, and more with simple to-do ideas.