LEGO and math go together perfectly, and these easy-to-print and free LEGO Math challenge cards are a natural way to explore math! Kids love to build and play with LEGO! Basic bricks are fantastic for this kindergarten and early elementary LEGO math activity. Pack it all up in a bag or add them to a ring, and you have the perfect quiet time, early finisher, math center, or on-the-go activity, too! We love simple LEGO learning. It is easy with these building ideas!
LEGO MATH CHALLENGE CARDS FOR BASIC BRICKS
Learning is way more fun when you can use hands-on materials, especially materials your kid already loves. We LOVE LEGO! Why not turn those basic bricks into a fun and accessible hands-on math activity? These LEGO math cards are perfect for kids working on adding, subtracting, building towers, and more.
There are endless ways to learn with LEGO, and we have the best brick building LEGO activities to prove it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Magnetic LEGO Tray and Building Challenge Cards
Why Use LEGO for Learning Math?
Incorporating LEGO into math lessons can make math more accessible, enjoyable, and memorable for children. It promotes a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and encourages a positive attitude toward the subject, which can be valuable for their educational development.
Hands-On Learning: LEGO bricks provide a tangible, hands-on experience that helps children grasp abstract mathematical concepts more effectively. They can physically manipulate and arrange bricks to visualize math problems and solutions.
Engagement and Motivation: Many children find LEGO building highly engaging and enjoyable. Incorporating LEGO into math lessons can make the subject more appealing and motivate students to participate actively in their learning.
Concrete Representation: LEGO models can represent mathematical ideas and problems in a concrete way. For example, children can use bricks to represent quantities, fractions, or geometric shapes, making these concepts more accessible.
Problem Solving: LEGO encourages problem-solving and critical thinking. Kids can use bricks to solve math problems, create puzzles, or devise their own mathematical challenges, fostering a deeper understanding of math.
Visualization: LEGO can help children visualize abstract mathematical concepts like multiplication, division, and geometry. It allows them to see the relationships between numbers, shapes, and measurements.
Math in Real Life: Integrating LEGO into math lessons allows students to apply math to real-world scenarios. They can use LEGO to measure, calculate, and solve problems that they might encounter in everyday life.
LEGO Math Printable
Print them in color or black and white. You can cut and laminate them too! Add everything to a pencil bag, and you have a great activity to toss in your bag for on the go.
YOU WILL NEED:
I suggest adding 20 bricks of each of the five basic colors to your bag or having them ready in a bin. Plus, you have an excellent number of 100 for kids to count, too!
- 20 red bricks
- 20 green bricks
- 20 blue bricks
- 20 orange bricks
- 20 yellow bricks
This LEGO math activity will keep your kids learning and having fun while doing it! If you need to keep up skills over a school vacation or homeschool and have access to create your own learning activities, the LEGO math challenge cards will be a great addition! Add them to a hundred chart activity!
Printable LEGO Brick Building Project Pack
Breathe new life into your existing LEGO or brick collections!
- 10O+ Brick theme learning activities in an e-book guide using the bricks you have on hand! Activities include literacy, math, science, art, STEM, and more!
- Brick STEM activity challenges complete with instructions and examples such as a marble run, catapult, balloon car, and more.
- Brick Building STEM Challenges and Task Cards keep kids busy! Includes animals, pirates, space, and monsters!
- Landmark Challenge Cards: Virtual tours and facts to get kids building and exploring the world.
- Habitat Challenge Cards: Take the challenge and build your own creative animals in their habitats
- Brick theme I-Spy and Bingo games are perfect for game day!
- Screen-free coding activities with a brick theme. Learn about algorithms and binary code!
- Explore mini-fig emotions and much more.
- A complete year of Brick themed seasonal and holiday challenges and task cards
- Brick Building Early learning pack filled with letters, numbers, and shapes!